The most popular & common type of mortgage! At Treadstone, all our conventional loans offer fixed-rate programs with a variety of payment terms. Down payment options start as low as 3% for qualified consumers, but some may prefer a higher down payment to avoid mortgage insurance. A conventional loan gives you more flexibility when it comes to both income and geographic eligibility.
Bottom line? If you have dollars to put down and do not want to be restricted on where you can buy, a conventional loan is a solid choice.
- Various down payment options starting at 3%
- Down payment can be 100% gift from an acceptable donor
- No Mortgage insurance with 20% down
- Allows seller contributions towards buyer closing costs and prepaids
- Maximum mortgage amount is $548,250