Zero Down USDA Loan
Prefer pastures over pavements? A Rural Development (RD) loan, also known as a USDA loan, is ideal for buyers who want to buy homes in rural areas—with no down payment. While RD often falls under the radar and are underutilized by big banks, we see their value for buyers and lead in the RD lending process. They are backed and guaranteed by the United States Department of Agriculture. The RD/USDA loan allows a person to borrow 100% of the appraised value and is the only 0% down option available to nonmilitary buyers.
RD loans can include closing costs, prepaid/escrow items, and the RD guarantee fee. RD Loans are subject to income limits and geographic location eligibility.
If you’re a veteran interested in an RD loan, be sure to check out our VA mortgages as well.
- 0% Down Payment
- Must be single family, owner occupied home in an eligible location
- Not limited to first-time home buyers
- Allows seller contributions toward buyer closing costs and prepaids
- 2022 RD Income Limits
- 1-4 person household: $103,500
- 5+ person household: 136,600