One of the best things about Michigan living is experiencing all the seasons. Unquestionably, Fall is one of the most beautiful, favored, and delicious times of year in West Michigan. Being surrounded by a rich agricultural scene and plenty of farmland means we have access to the most quintessential Fall activities in Grand Rapids without having to travel too far. The season and its offerings are just one reason Grand Rapids has gained recognition as one of the best places to live and one of the best cities for families.
Whether you’re trying to find the best homemade donuts, your new favorite hard cider, or you are looking for different ways to celebrate Halloween with your kids, there are Fall activities in the area for everyone.
Although there are an abundance of activities, we still sometimes find ourselves asking, what is there to do in Grand Rapids in the Fall? We made this list to help you answer that question throughout the season and help you make the most of it!
Check out some of our favorite Fall activities in Grand Rapids.
Orchards for All Ages:
West Michigan certainly has no shortage of amazing farms and orchards. Each has their own special touch and delicious recipes!
- Rasch Cherries & Apples: Haunted sunflower maze, corn maze, hayride, play area, 100-year-old barn, u-pick apples, pumpkins, sunflowers, and plentiful homemade baked goods
- Crane Orchards: U-pick apples, pumpkins, 15-acre corn maze, cow train, hayrides, and Crane’s Pie Pantry and Restaurant.
- Wells Orchards: U-pick pumpkins, apples, marketplace, and assorted produce.
- Moelker Orchards: U-pick pumpkins, bakery, fresh produce, and horse-drawn wagon rides.
- Steffen’s Orchard Market: U-pick apples, pumpkins, market, and activities for kids.
- Schwallier’s Country Basket: Corn maze, petting barn, wagon rides, u-pick apples & pumpkins, and more activities to keep the kids entertained.
- Ed Dunneback and Girls Farm: Live music most Fridays and Saturdays, corn maze, a full-blown marketplace and gift shoppe, taproom, and more!
- Post Family Farm: U-pick pumpkins, hayrides, bonfires, corn maze, homemade pumpkin donuts, and plenty of activities for the kids!
- Robinette’s Apple Haus & Winery: U-pick, nature trail, corn maze, hayrides, petting zoo, jumping pillow, and wine tastings.
Spooky Fall Activities
What’s Fall without a good scare?
- The Haunted Forest: Fridays and Saturdays 10/2-10/21, 6-10pm. Canonsburg Ski Area. Spooky walk through the woods.
- Ghosts of Grand Rapids Walking tour: October 22-23
- Abandoned Acres Farm:
- The Haunt: September 24-October 31
- Haunted Sunflower Maze: Rasch Cherries & Apples
Fall & Halloween Activities in Grand Rapids for Kids
This list of parties, events, and festivals makes it easy to keep the family entertained throughout the season.
- Kids Spooky Forest: Saturdays from October 2-October 30, 3-5pm at Cannonsburg Ski Area.
- The Famous Pumpkin Train: October 17th & 24th, 306 Main St. Coopersville, MI.
- Halloween Party for the Family: Lions and Rabbits – Friday, October 29, at 4:00 PM – 11:00 PM.
- Eastown Howl-oween Pawty: Saturday, October 16th at Wilcox Park from 12-5pm.
- John Ball Zoo Goes Boo: 10/15-10/17 & 10/22-24, 10am-5pm.
- Movies in the Park – Halloween Special: Allendale Community Park, Friday, October 8th, 2021.
- Hudsonville Urban Hayday: Free Fall Festival in Downtown Hudsonville. Saturday, October 9th from 11am-4pm.
Fall Farmer’s Markets
Check out a local farmer’s market for seasonal decor, fresh fruits and veggies, and so many other hidden treasures.
- Fulton St. Farmers Market: Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 8am-2pm until October 30th, and 10am-1pm on Saturdays until May.
- Rockford Farmer’s Market: Saturdays until October 30 from 8am-1pm.
- Ada Farmer’s Market: Tuesdays from 9am-2pm – June-October 26th.
- Grandville Farmer’s Market: Tuesdays from June – mid October – 9am-1pm.
- Holland Farmer’s Market: Wednesdays & Saturdays from 8am-2pm.
Vineyards & Beverages
In case you needed an excuse to drink Michigan wine, there is no better time to enjoy a vineyard than the Fall!
- Robinettes Winery
- Farmhaus Cider Co in Hudsonville
- Pink Barrel Cellars & Taproom: Located at Dunneback and Girls Farm
- Stoney Ridge Vineyards
- Fenn Valley Vineyards
- Hudsonville Winery & Pike 51 Brewing Co.
Grand Rapids has Autumn activities for everyone to enjoy!