Love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day is here again, and deciding how to spend the day can be difficult. Do you stick to flowers and chocolates, go to your favorite restaurant, or try something new? The day is about making a conscious effort to show your valentine you love them—and what better way to do that than spending quality time together?! Luckily, Grand Rapids has plenty to offer in terms of Valentine’s Day activities and special events that will encourage you to spend some uninterrupted quality time with your loved one. Whether your valentine is a romantic partner, a friend, a family member (or yourself) this list has a little something for everyone to celebrate the love-filled Hallmark holiday!
- World of Winter’s Love on Ice: Head on down to Rosa Parks Circle anytime from 11am-9pm to enjoy 2-for-1 ice skating! You can also get your initials carved into a giant ice wall, and enjoy a professional photo op from 6–8pm.
- Take a Grand Rapids Helicopter Tour: Looking for something a bit daring? See our city from new heights with a romantic helicopter ride! Champagne and Valentine’s treats are included!
- Make Custom Candles at Wax Poetic: What’s a better way to spend time with your Valentine than getting creative? Wax Poetic helps you create custom candles with over 60+ fragrances to combine and make your perfect scent! Also check out their Galentines Candle Making + Permanent Jewelry event on February 13th from 5:00-9:00pm!
- Go Dancing: Grand Rapids Original Swing Society is hosting a formal swing dance at the Masonic Center on February 14th starting at 7pm. No experience necessary, with lessons starting at 7:30pm and dancing until 9:00pm.
- Long Road Distillers-Valentine’s Pairings with Mokaya: Long Road Distillers is having a valentine’s cocktail, chocolate, and spirit tasting on February 14th with 3 seating times— 5:30pm, 7:00pm, and 8:30pm. They will feature four unique Mokaya chocolates paired with spirits and a sample cocktail!
- Relaxing Spa Day: Woodhouse Spa is offering Valentine’s Day packages so you can pamper yourselves with a facial, massage, and so much more!
- Classic Romantic Meal: There are so many great restaurants to choose from. A few of our favorites are Bistro Bella Vita, Amore Trattoria Italiana, Grove, Leo’s Seafood Restaurant & Bar, and Noto’s!
- Enjoy Craft Cocktail: Wind down with a delicious craft cocktail. For that romantic, low-key vibe check out Buffalo Traders Lounge, Mertens Prime, Drip Drop Cocktail Room, or MDRD.
Love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day is here again!!