According to a new report from the National Association of REALTORS® based on research from government, industry and academia, home ownership has a significant impact on your overall quality of life.
According to the NAR’s research, homeownership benefits the home owner and their families! Home owners…
- Have better health, both physically and psychologically
- Build a stronger family unit
- Reported higher life satisfaction, higher self-esteem, happiness and higher perceived control over their lives
- Improve safety and lower teenage delinquencies
- Have higher student test scores/high school graduation/higher income capacity
- Children more likely to participate in organized activates and sports
Homeownership also helps the community! Home owners…
- Participate in civic duties in both local and national issues, like voting
- Increased involvement in charitable activity
- Greater involvement in voluntary organizations
- A neighborhood with a large amount of owner occupied homes stimulates a vast majority of businesses and in return stimulates economic investment
- Take on a greater responsibility for maintaining their homes and thus influencing their neighbors creating high quality structures that have a direct impact of better mental health
- Home values are higher in high-ownership neighborhoods
Treadstone is committed to helping strengthen our community one mortgage at a time! We would love an opportunity to show you why we are West Michigan’s trusted mortgage lender. Give us a call and make an appointment to talk with one of our Loan Officers today and see what we can do for you.