Its summertime and the kids are complaining that they are bored. Have no fear, Grand Rapids is full of fun things for the whole family to do together. Here is our top five for family friendly fun spots in Grand Rapids!
- Grand Rapids Public Museum: Visit different “times”, places, and even go to outer space all under one roof! You still have time to catch the Titanic Exhibit; it is going until September 8, 2013! One of our favorite permanent exhibits is the replication of the Grand Rapids from 1890.
- John Ball Zoo: If you haven’t been to the zoo yet this summer, you must go! The new bear exhibit is amazing! No longer do you need to use the zoom on your camera to see the bears. Now you can walk right up to the glass and see them up close.
- Millennium Park: If you haven’t been to Millennium Park you are missing out. There is so much to do here. Beautiful nature walks, great fishing spots, a beach and splash pad, boat rentals, and a playground. There really is something for everyone at this park.
- Frederick Meijer Gardens: If you love nature and art this is the place for you! Beautiful flowers, sculptures, and art works fill this place. There is also a huge children’s garden full of fun learning experiences for the kiddos.
- Grand Rapids Children’s Museum: Fun for the kids that a parent can actually enjoy as well! Blow a bubble as big as your body, or pretend to be a construction crew. There are hours of fun for your family.
The end of summer is coming, but there are still fun things to do! Put these destinations on your end of summer to do list. Fill your summer with super fun family memories. Grand Rapids is a great place to play, work, and live!