Christmas movies are often cheesy, “kiddish”, overly cheerful– and above all we have seen them hundreds of times. But as we all know there is just something special about watching Christmas movies during this time of year that makes you feel good. Maybe they invoke memories of your own childhood and opening up a great gift, or maybe you just love Macaulay Culkin circa 1990. Whatever the reason this holiday season we wanted to share our top 5 picks for the Best Christmas Movies to watch this holiday season,
1. Home Alone– This movie is almost like a poster child for the 203k loan. It is about Macaulay Culkin doing some special home renovations over Christmas with the intent of protecting himself, and his family from trouble. Although the renovations and upgrades he makes to the home do not add value to the house in the traditional “appraisal” sense, the kid is only 8 for gosh sake and he does a pretty good job with some DIY improvements. In fact, here is a picture we found of how shocked Mac would be that current mortgage interest rates are over 10% lower than where they were when Home Alone was shot in 1989!
2. Die Hard–Pretty much the only thing “Christmas” about this movie is the fact that it takes place at Christmas Time. All we can say here is Yippee ki-yay!
3. A Miracle on 34th Street— This is like the movie you have to watch on Christmas Eve right before you go to bed. It is just a feel good, wholesome movie.
4. A Christmas Story– This Christmas movie plays 24/7 on Christmas and is impossible to avoid so you may as well embrace it. It also teaches children everywhere that if you play with a BB Gun you will “shoot your eye out.”
5. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation– What’s not to love about a father who wants to throw his family the perfect Christmas, only to have everything go horribly wrong?