Memorial Day is quickly approaching, if you don’t have plans we are here to help. Here is our top five list of things to do this year on Memorial Day:
1. Attend a Memorial Day parade.
- City of Walker at Noon on Lake Michigan Drive.
- Jenison is having their parade at 9:00 am following a 5k race.
- Lowell at 10:00 am along Main Street.
- Downtown Holland at 9:30.
- Grand Rapids parade isn’t until May 30th and its 7:30 to 9 pm.
2. Have a BBQ and invite your friends and family. Check out some fantastic recipes here!
Grand Rapids has recently acquired many new butcher shops with great selections of meat. Make sure to check out the one at the Downtown Market!
3. Have a picnic on the beach or in the park!
4. Hang out on the Boardwalk in Grand Haven.
5. Go fishing!
Whatever you end up doing on Memorial Day, don’t forget to put a flag out for those we are trying to remember.