It’s almost St. Patrick’s Day…the annual celebration of all things Irish and green. Every year, Grand Rapids residents come together to celebrate this fun day!
If you are in Grand Rapids or West Michigan and are looking for fun things to do on St. Patrick’s Day, there are all sorts of wonderful ways to celebrate with friends and family.
1. If you are looking for the biggest Parade in town, check out the St. Patrick’s Day Parade. This year, it will be a bit different! The organization has decided to try something new in the form of a parade float competition between breweries. You can join in on the fun starting at 10:00AM on the 17th!
2. Irish on Ionia returns on Saturday, March 17th! When it comes to celebrating St. Patrick’s Day in Grand Rapids, it simply doesn’t get any bigger than being in the heart of Downtown to discover your hidden Irish heritage. The event is mainly outside as well as inside with some participating venues on Ionia Street. This is your typical street party! Tickets start at $20 and VIP packages are available as well.
3. If you are planning to spend your St. Patrick’s Day inside, check out some of these bars listed below to experience Irish food, beer and music!
Flanagan’s– Located at 139 Pearl St. NW
Quinn & Tuite’s Irish Pub– Located at 1535 Plainfield NW
O’Tooles Public House– Located at 448 Bridge St NW
4. Laugh Fest is also going to be going on during the St. Patrick’s Day weekend. It is a great event that happens throughout March where diverse audiences of children and adults can come together to honor laughter. In the past, the events have attracted over 50,00 attendees! You can click here to see the schedule of events happening this year.
5. Craving some Irish food? You can take a cooking class at the Downtown Market on the 16th where you will be making classic dishes ($75 per person). If you want to skip the cooking and dig right into the eating part, check out 6th Street Hall from 4-7PM on the 17th for some GREAT Irish food!
6. For a late night experience, check out 20 Monroe LIVE for some fun music and dancing. See the March 17th line up below (doors open at 6:30PM on the 17th)
Lucas Paul Band, Steel City Rovers, Grand Rapids & District Pipe Band and last but not least, DJ Jay Vee!
7. Start your St. Patrick’s Day by running the 35th Annual Spectrum Health Irish Jig! The staggered start will begin around 9:00AM on Saturday March 17th. You can find the registration information here. Don’t forget to wear your green!
Wishing you lots o’ luck for a fun-filled day!
If you are craving a nice meal Sunday morning after all of the St. Patrick’s Day Shenanigans, check out our blog to find out where the Top 5 Grandest Brunches in Grand Rapids are!