Labor Day 2013 is quickly approaching us. If you need to plan something to do without spending a lot of money, why not plan a stay-cation? Fill your fabulous weekend with things that are close to home, but make you feel like you are on a vacation. Make the most of your last long weekend this summer!
Here is our list of what to do Labor Day weekend stay-cation ideas:
- If you haven’t been out to the lake yet, this is a good weekend to do it before it gets too cold! Whether you pick Grand Haven, Holland, Muskegon, or Saugatuck, the beach is a cheap way to relax and catch some rays & waves. If you have a favorite beach that you are going to over and over again, try picking a different spot! You never know, you might find a new favorite.
- Head over to Muskegon and go to Michigan’s adventure. Labor Day weekend is one of the last chances to ride thrill rides! If you haven’t been there yet this summer, make sure you go before the season is up! If you have a little more time to kill and money to spend remember Cedar Point is only 1 state away and still an easy day trip.
- If you like airplanes and haven’t been to the Air Zoo, use your extra day off and get over there already! This is a great place for the whole family!
- If you actually want to celebrate the holiday at hand, head over to the Labor Day Fest Sept, 2 at Ah-Nab-Awen Park. It runs from 11-5 and there is so much to do! The Gerald R Ford Presidential Museum will be free all day; there will be free live entertainment (bands), fun things for the kids, food vendors, arts and crafts, labor exhibits, and a car and motorcycle show!
- If you have already been to the zoo a bunch of times, but want a zoo-like experience. Try the Boulder Ridge Wild Animal Park over in Alto! They have open spaces and large enclosures so the animals here feel more like they are in the wild and you get to see them in action!
Don’t let this long weekend pass you by! Fill it with fun things and end summer with a bang! There is so much great fun to be had in Grand Rapids. Don’t miss out!
When is Labor Day 2013?
Labor Day 2013 is Monday, September 2nd.
Treadstone Funding is your local Grand Rapids mortgage lender.