As some of you may have heard, it is almost 2013. Although there are still many things we hope to finish before the year ends we have to say we are thankful for a lot of great things that happened in 2012. Below we will re-cap some of 2012’s positive happenings in the Grand Rapids real estate market as well as for us!
- The Grand Rapids Real Estate Market posted one of its best years in the decade. Home prices finally started going up, and interest rates stayed low. This allowed many people to sell their homes, buy new ones, and refinance to lower interest rates. Overall it was a great year for both buyers and sellers in Michigan.
- We Grew! And so did many other companies in Michigan. We were able to hire 5 new full time and 3 new part time employees in 2012. As a local business we are proud to be able to provide jobs to the local community when we can.
- Grand Rapids got better. In addition to the real estate uptick in 2012, it seems like the overall energy and media coverage of the city improved as well. ArtPrize broke records once again and local foundations like StartGarden helped to spur innovation.
- We Became BeerCity USA – Although we tied with Ashville, NC Grand Rapids was voted the #1 city for beer in the USA. We also welcomed many new breweries this year including Perrin BC, the Grand Rapids BC, Harmony BC, and more. Our beer is so good it is actually attracting tourism!
- We grew and developed better real estate relationships with local professionals- A huge part of our business is working with local Grand Rapids area Real Estate Agents. This year we began working with over 50 new agents, a feat that allows us to recommend Realtors with different specialties to our clients. We were also able to develop new marketing offerings to offer the Realtors who we work with thus contributing back to our business partners and the community as a whole.
- The World Did NOT End! Although we were pretty sure the world wasn’t going to end we are thankful that the end of the world hoopla spurred such amusing TV shows as Doomsday Preppers and Revolution.
Overall we would just like to say a huge thankyou to the people of Grand Rapids and West Michigan for helping to make 2012 Treadstone’s best year ever. We look forward to working with you again in 2013 and beyond!