According to a new report from the National Association of REALTORS ® based on research from government, industry and academia, home ownership has a significant impact on your overall quality of life.
According to the NAR’s research, homeowners…
- Create strong cohesive communities
- Build a stronger family unit
- Improve safety and lower teenage delinquencies
- Have higher student test scores/high school graduation/ higher income capacity
- Children more likely to participate in organized activates and sports
- Civic participation in both local and national issues (including voting)
- Increased involvement in charitable activity
- Have better health, both physically and psychologically
- Greater involvement in voluntary organizations
- A neighborhood with a large amount of owner occupied homes stimulates a vast majority of businesses and in return stimulates economic investment.
- Take on a greater responsibility for maintaining their homes and thus influencing their neighbors creating high quality structures that have a direct impact of better mental health.
- Housing prices are higher in high-ownership neighborhoods
- Reported higher life satisfaction, higher self-esteem, happiness and higher perceived control over their lives.
Treadstone is committed to helping strengthen our community one mortgage at a time! We would love an opportunity to show you why we are West Michigan’s , trusted mortgage lender. Give us a call and make an appointment to talk with one of our loan officers today and see what we can do for you.