What a great time of year! The sun is shining, everyone is outside, and now we get to celebrate Independence Day with parades and fireworks! If you are staying in the Grand Rapids area over the 4th, there are many activities taking place. We’ve compiled a list of this weekend’s activities below. Now you just have to choose what you want to do!
- Amway Family Fireworks: There is musical entertainment from 5:40pm until the fireworks start at 10:30 in Ah-Nab-Awen Park. This one of best places to watch fireworks around the Grand Rapids area!
- Berlin Raceway 3rd Annual Lee Anderson Memorial Race and Fireworks: Head to the Berlin Raceway for races, starting at 6:30, that are followed up with fireworks.
- Grandville Parade and Fireworks: Grandville is another fun place to be on 4th of July. Not only do they have a parade and fireworks, but there is also a huge craft show, a 3-on-3 basketball tournament, the Buck Creek run, and a pancake breakfast at the beginning of the day. There are usually food vendors there too! SO much to do for the whole family!
- Allendale Parade: If you have little ones that love parades, this is the parade for you! It is held on the GVSU campus. After parking in the student lots on campus, you can then sit by trees in the shade to watch the parade! No getting sunburnt or sitting in your car trying to find a parking spot! Allendale also has a Family Fun in the Park event after the parade located at Allendale Community Park. Allendale is the place to be if you have kids!
- East Grand Rapids 4th of July Celebration: The celebration kicks off with a parade at noon, followed by a party in the park, and finishing with Fireworks at 10:15 pm. So much to do; you can’t go wrong with a celebration in EGR!
- Grand Haven Fireworks: Whether you sit on the coast or watch from a boat, the Grand Haven Fireworks are a great sight to see. The display starts with a showing of the Grand Haven Musical fountain, then the fireworks begin after that.
So many things to choose from! Now you just have to make a decision! Don’t forget to fire up the grill for dinner in between the parades and fireworks shows this fourth of July.