It still feels like summer but cooler weather is just around the corner. If you are a first time home buyer, or a new home owner and are at a loss for what to do to get your house ready for fall we are here with our top 5 to do for fall list!
- Clean your windows inside and out. Do this now before we get hit with cold temperatures, ice, and snow.
- Put away your summer equipment. Store your tables, chairs, grills, and children’s toys so they don’t get ruined in the cold weather. Chair cushions should definitely be placed inside!
- Drain and store your hose. Don’t leave it attached to the house because water can go back in the plumbing and freeze, causing you problems. If you have an underground sprinkler system this is also the time that you will want to blow the water out and turn it off until spring.
- Check the dryer exhaust tube and vent for lint build up and birds’ nests.
- Check your furnace. Even though it’s still warm out, you’ll want to turn it on to make sure that it is in working order. If you don’t realize that it’s not working until you need it, there might be a longer wait for a repair man.
This list is short, but these are important things to do to get ready for the cooler weather. Once your windows are sparkling and you’ve taken care of some necessary chores celebrate fall by running over to the cider mill, picking up some of those mini donuts, and relaxing.
Treadstone Funding is your local Grand Rapids mortgage company.