While it has felt like summer for a few months, it isn’t officially summer until June 21st. We thought, in honor of summer we would come up with a summer to do list. If you are always looking for fun things to do in Grand Rapids in the Summer check out our list and don’t stop until you’ve done it all.
Ice cream! Summer wouldn’t be summer without ice cream. Grand Rapids has lots of lovely and delicious places to get ice cream, or even frozen yogurt if that’s what your into.
- Jersey Junction : Head over to Gaslight Village and indulge in some Michigan made Hudsonville ice cream. They carry 28 flavors at a time. The lines are well worth the wait.
- Double Dip Depot : 18 Flavors of ice cream, 4 flavors of soft serve with 8 different flavor bursts you can add, 25 flurry combinations, shaved ice, smoothies, slushes, various food items, and you can play a round of mini golf. They recently added a drive thru as well!
- Spoonlickers: Frozen yogurt at its finest! Choose your flavor, choose your toppings, and then pay by the pound. Eat ice cream that is healthier.
- Sweet yo’s: For those of you that want another frozen yogurt option if you are trying to eat healthier Sweet yo’s is it. They have a Downtown location and an East Grand Rapids location.
- Go Swimming! We are extremely lucky to live in Michigan. So many places to swim! Head to the lake and celebrate summer. Remember Grand Haven is not very far from downtown.
- Try your hand at a new water hobby like Stand up Paddling. You can rent a stand up paddle and take lessons from the Wet Mitten Surf Shop in Grand Haven. Stand up paddle seems to be super in right now, so hop on and enjoy this craze!
- Take in a baseball game. The West Michigan Whitecaps are a must for summer!
- Head to a farmers market. We have the new Downtown Market and the Fulton Street Farmers Market.
- And of course… House Hunting! Summer is the perfect time to start looking for a home. Just contact us and a Realtor to get started!
We love summer in Michigan and can’t wait to get out there and have fun! If you still need more ideas of fun things to add to your Michigan Summer fun list then head over to Pure Michigan. This site is full of fun things going on, fun things to try, and all sorts of festivals and exhibits. Don’t let summer pass you by, get out there and enjoy it!
What did we miss? What do you love to do in the summertime in Grand Rapids?