If you are wondering what to do for Memorial Day in Grand Rapids or anywhere in Michigan this year, maybe you should take a road trip. There are so many great places to visit in Michigan. Most people think outside our lovely state for vacation, but for a weekend trip explore what we have to offer right here!
Here is our list of great Memorial Day weekend getaways which are all easy road trips from Grand Rapids:
- Head up to the Grand Hotel in Mackinac Island. Enjoy the island, don’t worry about cooking, play some golf, and attend some receptions. Sounds great doesn’t it? If you haven’t been to Mackinac Island, here is a great excuse to go. The Grand Hotel has a Memorial Day Weekend Special too, so you can save money and finally visit the Island.
- Join the Frankenmuth Launch to Summer. It is going to be a weekend filled with lots of summer fun. They start and end the day Friday with a hot air balloon launch. Saturday is packed full of various events for people of all ages, from face painting and children’s inflatables to a bike expo, There are even tons of events for dog lovers! Sunday they have a jam packed schedule of fun and end the day with fireworks. Check out the event line up, there is so much to do.
- If music is your thing you won’t want to miss the Movement Electronic Music Festival that is held in Detroit every Memorial Day Weekend. Tickets are $39 for a single-day entry or $ 89 for the entire three days. It runs May 25-27 and there will be music going from 12 pm to midnight each day. From watching the Movement 2013 Official trailer it looks like it’s going to be an amazing time!
- Another great music filled weekend is Rock the Coast. This is a Christian 2-day concert at Michigan’s Adventure. It runs May 24th and May 25th and there will be five bands playing each day.
- If history and honoring Memorial Day seems like something more appropriate for you to do then head over to Lansing. There are some really great monuments to visit for Memorial Day. The monuments you won’t want to miss for this holiday are The Michigan Vietnam Monument, Capital Grounds, and the Civil War Monument. You will get in a fun trip to Lansing, and honor our armed forces. This is such a great weekend trip.
If you want to rent out your house to make money while you are off on your weekend vacation there is an easy way to do that. Check out the website for airbnb . This website makes it easy to find places to stay on vacation for great deals, and use it to rent out your own home to make money back from your vacation. Finance your vacation and rent out your home!
If you are set on staying in Grand Rapids for Memorial Day 2013 and looking for things to do host your own BBQ, cook yourself or call Pit Stop BBQ Catering to have BBQ catered in.
Wherever you decide to go, Michigan is full of awesome destinations! We live in a pretty amazing state. Our Memorial Day Weekend Get-a-way guide is sure to have something for everyone to love. Make it the best Memorial Day Weekend ever!